At Ace Windows NE we take privacy very seriously and will never share personal data with a third party without consent.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes. If you have any questions please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are?
Our Company registered Name is Ace Windows NE LTD and trade as Ace Windows NE.
Our company number is Company number 8785402.
Our website address is:https://acewindowsne.co.uk/
We are based in the North East in Gateshead. Our full address is:
Unit 1 Octavian Way,
Team Vallley Trading Estate
Tyne & Wear
0191 482 2187
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information such as Names, Address, phone numbers, and email addresses including the services a person may require via our online contact forms. We also gather information direct from clients who have contacted us via other offline means.
Because of the nature of our work and in the interests of quality control, we will take photographs of the property before during and after work has commenced. The pictures allow us to build a ‘before & after’ profile and to record in picture format the works we have undertaken.
Ace Windows (NE) Ltd will never take pictures of living subjects for the purpose of this exercise.
How do we use personal information?
The data we collect is used to
- provide goods and services to our clients
- respond to any queries
- carrying out polls and surveys
- meeting internal audit requirements
- following up work completed
- delivering marketing and events communication
- legal obligations (e.g. prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Ace windows NE processes the data we collect relying upon the following legal basis
- public task
- legal obligation
When do we share personal data?
We may provide your personal data to our suppliers and service providers, including other companies in our group, who provide certain business services for us and act as “processors” of your personal data on our behalf. In addition, we may disclose your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety, of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes(s) for which it was provided. What this means in practice will vary between different types of data.
Typically we will retain your order form and contact details for the duration of your warranty. Thereafter we will retain details of the installation and services we provided to you for accounting and legal purposes however no personal information will be retained and all records containing personal information will be anonymised.
We will retain details of quotations we have provided that didn’t materialise for a period of up to 5 years. Thereafter these records will be securely destroyed.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law;
- potential or actual disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your personal data from our systems when it is no longer needed.
How We Store Client Data:
- Your data will be stored securely in line with industry best practice at all times. The security measures in place are reviewed annually;
- Your data will be stored only on servers in a GDPR compliant location.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Rights What does this mean?
- Right to rectification – You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enable you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- Right to restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or supress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
- Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including in each case any related profiling).
- Right to withdraw consent to processing – If you have given your consent to us to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, direct marketing), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data up to that point is unlawful).
- Right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities – You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law.
- What cookies are used on this Site?
The cookies we use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential–Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics– We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies. We use google analytics data if you wish to opt out please read here for more information
- Social Sharing– We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
click to Delete Cookies
Linking to other websites / third party content
How to contact us?
If you would like to exercise your data protection rights or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data, please feel free to contact us by using the details set out above.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any enquiries or complaint or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by:
- writing to: Information Commissioner’s Officer, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF;
- calling: 0303 123 1113; or
- submitting a message through the ICO’s website at: ico.org.uk
What our Customers say ....
Five windows with horns
Great service throughout. The guys were very friendly efficient and tidy.
They worked very hard, leaving a lovely job and they did a brilliant tidy up! Very impressive work ethic, with an excellent
N Barnett, Newcastle
Fitted windows & patio doors
Beautiful job, lovely finish, price excellent and customer service was fantastic.
They always kept us informed, rang up when they said they would, turned up when they said they would, quite refreshing.
W. Forster, Gateshead
Having been in renovation all my life in several countries ( I am now 60) I would have to place Ace Windows in the top three companies I have ever used. From keeping appointments, forwarding prices, installation and customer service they were a pleasure to deal with.
Joe Keane, Newcastle